Monday, June 2, 2008

show and tell


"show and tell" at Penland- a car and some pots, some boxes by the amazing Kai, who is a glass-blower and was the assistant to David Chatt leading a class on beadworking:


this little gizmo has a pen for a plumb line, and it draws in the breeze...
and this piece was installed by my dear Rebekka-

I also badly wanted to include an excellent video that I have of Michael Hunt throwing a slab for the formation of an Onggi jar. unfortunately, at 200 mb, it will not upload. I did a little research and discovered that I could put it on google video, and create a link to this site, but I only asked him for permission to post it to this place, not the relatively less private alternative. So if anyone reading would like to see it, just email me, and I'll send it along on a cd. it's only abotu ten minutes but shows him handling the clay from the first few throws , stretching, flipping it in the air, creating the curve, and then placing it on the lower half of the jar. expert.

No comments: