Wednesday, November 24, 2010

debunking misinformation about oil

Robert Rapier who writes the R squared energy blog pointed out this article in the Huff Post.

yes, I'm back. it was wonderful. What a treat to meet and spend so much time with various artists- Dustin and Nim, their friends in the various places, my friends old and new in Berlin and London- truly the way to travel. No, I didn't see buckingham palace, but I did have a lovely conversation nearby with my friend in a crazy posh apartment with animal heads. No I didn't see the shards of the berlin wall, I had dessert and wine with three artists and a chef, comparing cultures, histories, politics, passions. I walked through a vibrant art quarter in London with a fashion designer, eating bagles and spotted a small parade of loveliness including a well-known queen in a full-length pink feather cape. and caught a cold from sharing so many spliffs. oh well.

so I'm on facebook, and photos are there. I see facebook as a necessary evil to keeping up with certain friends in a more consistent, less focussed way. I really don't like their privacy policies. I look forward to using the decentralized network that Nim's friend Max Ogden is writing. No monolith.

The day after returning, I tore the kitchen apart. Mama bought me a new energy star refrigerator and a proper range-top to replace the 1950's beast of a free fridge and gutless hotplate that I've been using. With the construction of a shed this year, the bisque kiln is now out of the single room in which I work and also live (hooray!), and that corner is being claimed as a kitchen. I will now have the facility to cook for more than two people, so I look forward to hosting dinner parties like I've so enjoyed in the past.. ( the most recent one was three years ago in which I made french onion soup which took all day on the hotplate, and then used the bisque kiln to broil the cheeze on top- )

happy thanksgiving, all! truly, it is a generous world. (if you don't ask for too much)

No comments: