Tuesday, November 1, 2011

seasonal princess

still reeling from the meal that I just wolfed down like an existentialist lunges for the light- ...'is it possible that "I" am "alive" and consuming this divine nutriment' was the general sentiment of the past 20 minutes- it was a chunk of coho salmon, seared, with rice, a persimmon, a few fresh figs, and local wine- I thought of the good people in my life and how I would have loved to have them here with a similar plate to share, and I thought of how poignant it is that we all try so hard all the time and yet still, the place where the effort, appreciation, and loved ones come together is so elusive- as if the vast majority of our time as social innovators/ historical preservationists pans out as just (crucial) practice: 2011: you must value and allow 1000 meals composed of ingredients from carbon-responsible sources before you may share one with a friend- wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off....

life... as it shows itself presently... is looking wonder-full

No comments: