Thursday, February 2, 2012

full stop


to say that everything comes to a halt when seed packets or better yet, live plants, arrive at the door* is not completely accurate. but certainly, my excitement jumps to a higher valence level and I find myself magnetically attracted to doing whatever needs to be done to support getting the little plants the food and water that they need.. the photo is an unpacked box from One Green World , a nearby nursery devoted to permaculture practices that has scoured the globe for plants suited to my climate as well as many others- detailed notes available. In Portland, I could grow certain bananas and citrus, pawpaws, pinapple guavas, passionfruit (no kidding!) in addition to vit-C packed seaberries and goji beyond the obvious such as blue and strawberries (including ones that fruit the whole year). I bought purple asparagus, an delicious eatable fern, saffron, razzberries, and 50 stems of three varieties of those year-round strawberries.. and I am loopy with delight....

*uh, right- anyone else notice the irony here?

No comments: